The original church was dedicated by Bishop Soter Ortynsky on October 6, 1907. The first pastor was Rev. Cornelius Laurisin. Under Rev. Irenaeus Matyaczko (1908-1922) a rectory was built and property for a cemetery was purchased. The church was appointed according to the canonical norms of the Byzantine rite. The impressive five-tier iconostasis was blessed by Bishop Ortynsky in 1909. From 1925-1931 the church was closed.
The parish was restored under Rev. Michael Rapach (1931-1950). Faithful parishioners cooperated in eliminating parish debts. A house was bought as a convent for the Sisters of St. Basil the Great, who taught religion to the children. Parish organizations were revitalized or founded anew. These included a Holy Name Society, Rosary Society, Altar Society, Sodality and Choir. Under Rev. Andrew Dzmura (1950-1959) the Confraternity of Christian Doctrine of religious education teachers was formed, and many men of the parish joined the Knights of Columbus. A marble altar and tabernacle — gifts of the Altar and Holy Name Societies — were installed.